Saying Devil Makes Three music reminds me of SPN is completely cheating, because this is so true of basically any of their songs. But I'd previously attributed this one to Sam Winchester, and it came back via shuffle today and hit me so hard with all my feelings about Sam Winchester I am in a STATE right now. My heart is breaking:
It just makes me think about Sam and Jess, and Sam and the YED, and Sam and Ruby, and Sam and Lucifer and the long, long run that is Sam's life aaaaaaaaaaaaahHHhhhHHhahHHH
Come paint my face, come take my hand
I do not wish you to understand
Someday you too will go to war
And by that time, may you not fear death anymore
Fortune may hold you, she's not your friend
Kind words spoken, bows deepened
Foulest creature may wear the sweetest smile
Oh, do not fear for I will see you in a while
Eyes upon you through the years
All of your troubles, all of your fear
Always watching, always see
I am you now and you are me
If I should fall, you take my sword
All that is mine will be yours
Do not fear those we leave behind
The blood that runs in your veins, it is mine
I am a stone fallin' through black water
On the bottom, I start again
I am a stone fallin' through black water
My fall, it never ends
My fall, it never ends
Come paint my face, come take my hand
I do not wish you to understand
Someday you too will go to war
And by that time, may you not fear death anymore
no subject
Date: 2024-06-04 03:30 pm (UTC)Will we ever stop thinking about Sam and Dean? I don't know...
I was at the Paris convention this weekend and Jared in his panels and his meet & greet was talking a lot about Sam, interesting thinky thoughts — I get the feeling he thinks about Sam almost as much as we do.
no subject
Date: 2024-06-05 12:35 am (UTC)I don't plan to any time soon, that's for sure. XDD Last week finchandsparrow and I watched "Yellow Fever" and the evil bunker/assault on the BMoL/traipse into Mary's brainwashed mind episodes, and they were both glorious. I definitely forgot there was so much lore around the BMoL stuff, but obviously that is not the draw of that episode, why would I recall such things. SO much H/C, though, and SO much Winchesters. Sam makes an absurd speech but it's so interesting to think about him saying whatever he needs to be said (even if I don't think he actually believes his own rhetoric, in those exact terms) and playing to his audience of "random hunters Jodi found." I'm glad JP is also out and thinking and sharing delightful Sam analysis. <33333